Thursday, February 4, 2016

Comfort zone (week 10)

Hi,
This is going to be a really short email. We're super busy and don't have a lot of time. Sorry. So this week was super hot ( again) and fun. Me and elder ortolano just sing and make up random games and ryhmes to pass the time while we're walking around. Also, my whistling skills are ever present!

I had to wash my own clothes this week in a bucket, which is definitely journal worthy. 

We also had a baptism this week for an investigator of one of the other elders that lives with me and Elder Ortolano. I had to play the piano music during that time. And I had to  play the interlude music after the baptism but it took a long time for the investigator to come back out so I ended up playing for like 15 minutes straight!! Also, The bishops wife is the only other person who knows how to play piano and I guess she decided that she and I are taking turns every Sunday being the ward pianist. Good thing I'd been practicing the hymns for the last year!!! 

Oh! We found a giant cardboard Book of Mormon at the ward building. We thought it was awesome AND hilarious. It was so random and we have no idea where it came from. This has provided us with much entertainment (as you shall see in the pictures and video we made)! But not much else happened this week. 

So lets get down to the nitty gritty. My spiritual thoughts this week. I've been trying to figure out how to be the best I can be out here in the mission field. I have found the most growth comes from coming out of my comfort zone or maybe I should say taking a leap of faith. Such as talking to strangers, knocking strangers doors, trying to preach the gospel in Spanish that is somewhat intelligible, and sharing my spirit and testimony. This is a challenge for me. I'm a naturally introverted type person, but, I want to be the best I can be. I have done alot of new things lately and I've been able to see myself react to these different situations and have been able to see more clearly the things I need to improve upon. And it's very clear that I've got lots to improve on. Thank goodness for that. This life would be so boring if I had nothing to do but sit around being perfect, haha. In short, growth comes from coming out of your comfort zone and you find these opportunities to come out of your comfort zone in different circumstances in life and its in those circumstances that we reveal ourselves to ourselves, whether good or bad. Only then can we start to change our weaknesses into strengths and improve and refine the strengths or talents we already have. I hope that made sense. Sorry, but I'm out of time. I wish I could talk about this more. I also had some really amazing spiritual experiences everyday this week that I'd love to share with you. Maybe next week. 

By the way, the book "Jesus the Christ" is the most crazy, awesome, amazing book!!! I remember trying to read it before my mission. After a few pages I thought "I'll never be able to read this thing". I'm so glad I didn't give up. I highly suggest you all read it, if you haven't already. 

Also, my camera is working now so you'll get to see several pictures of my new haircut, courtesy of Elder Schoonover, who had no idea what he was doing. (Sorry mom)!!

Talk to you next week,
Elder ren porter 
Me, my haircut, elder Ortolano and our other roommates.
Not sure "moron" means the same thing in Argentina as it does in America.
The chapel in our ward building.
The giant Book of Mormon we found.
Me, my haircut, and all my buddies from the MTC!




No comments:

Post a Comment